FY Faculty Resources
Category:A Guide to Designing Freshman Year Courses
- Faculty Resources
- Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education Rubrics: Teams of faculty and academic professionals created fifteen rubrics that authentically assesses student learning.
- Provides information on how to develop rubrics, rubric generators, templates, evaluation scales, general education rubrics and rubrics by department.
- This website highlights assessment activities at AUC, including workshops, reports, surveys, resources, conferences and scholarship.
- This annotated bibliography and list of resources will provide faculty members with the knowledge needed to engage students in large lecture classes.
- The Center for Learning and Teaching offers faculty members the chance to participate in numerous workshops every semester that focus on increasing teaching effectiveness, awareness of teaching pedagogies and how to incorporate technology into the classroom.
- The Center for Learning and Teaching offers a variety of services to help faculty members assess the effectiveness of their teaching and understand their students’ needs, including Mid-Semester Surveys and Small Group Instructional Diagnoses
- This website lists the AUC University Senate requirements for course syllabi and a template for an effective syllabus.
- This resource will help faculty align course material and assessment activities that lead to greater student understanding and achievement.