4.4 Checklist for FY Course Development and Submission
Revision as of 12:34, 6 March 2013 by Mhoulihan
- Will a range of teaching and assessment methods and materials be used to respond to diverse learner preferences?
- Are proposed teaching / assessment methods and materials appropriate for FY students?
- Have active learning strategies been identified to address the development of identified critical thinking and communication skills?
- Are there at least 2 FY learning outcomes integrated into the FY course design?
- Is there alignment between learning outcomes and teaching / assessment methods?
- Are current facilities sufficient to support proposed teaching/learning activities?
- Has the credit value/core credit for this course been considered?
- Does the syllabus adhere to the guidelines for senate approved syllabus requirements?
- Is the course sustainable, i.e., can it easily be taught by other faculty in my department?
- Have I requested a consultation with the Center for Learning and Teaching (CLT) to refine and adapt my course syllabus?